Business Support Technician - Cosurica
The number one goal of everyone at Cosurica is to make our customers exceptionally happy. The Business Support Technician plays an important role in making sure that happens, by handling the support requests that come in from our Customers and/or handling escalations from other team members.
Our Business Support Technicians make sure that each issue is handled quickly and the customer is informed of what to expect every step of the way. When help is needed any member of the team can get help from or escalate issues to other more experienced members of our Support Team.
This role contributes to delivery of quality technical support and implementation services to Cosurica’s customers, and is focused on supporting users of technology in small to medium-sized businesses. Cosurica specialises in Microsoft products and solutions, but the role involves supporting products and solutions of a wide variety of popular technology vendors.
Here’s some of the primary duties of the role:
- Provide Technical Support and other IT- related services
- Communicate and liaise with customers as the first or second point of contact
- Record and Monitor incidents/problems reported by customers
- Develop & maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with hardware & software suppliers and external support providers
- Further develop a solid understanding of Cyber Security best practice
- Delight our customers with a friendly, quick and helpful experience
- Work on and resolve Helpdesk Cases (Tickets), Service Requests & Projects
- Document in detail what is done on every Helpdesk Case & Project
- Make sure that customer documentation is well maintained
- Split cases which comprise several issues into individual cases
- Provide the customer with basic remote troubleshooting
- Throughout the process ensure cases aren’t allowed to go “stale”
- Escalate cases to more experienced colleagues as appropriate
- Follow the schedule provided by the Support Team Supervisor
- Communicate to the customer the status of their cases every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Follow our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Record time spent on each case or project and submit Expense reports as per our SOPs
- Follow all our Security Procedures and keep a vigilant watch for security issues
You must be willing and able to:
- Maintain your personal motivation to acquire knowledge and keep abreast of rapid technology developments.
- Maintain your commitment to the development of technical knowledge & skills in line with the business requirements of the company
- Practice efficient time management of self to ensure efficiency of operations in
- workshop and small business technical support areas
- Ensure that all company SOPs and policies are adhered to in the course of duty
- Provide guidance and advice to (and possibly mentor) junior team members
Requirements of the Job:
- A love of challenges and the ability to solve problems
- Great communication skills
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing Customer Experience
- Knowledge & experience of popular business applications, infrastructure software & hardware, such as Windows servers, virtual machines, networking & security, email systems etc.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people (in fluent English, since 99% of our customers are UK-based, but if you can speak other languages too, that’s even better!)
From time to time, you may also be required to undertake other tasks commensurate with the nature of the role. In accordance with Cosurica’s business needs the following criteria also apply to this post:
- Working additional hours will be required from time to time (paid overtime)
- Working on customer sites will be required
- Working varied or regular shift patterns will be required.
- Overnight stays away from home may be required for training or work on customer sites
£24,000 to £30,000 Dependent on experience.
Employer Name & Location:
Cosurica, 20 Halifax Rd, Cross Roads, Keighley, BD22 9DH
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
Full time, 37 hours per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
1 Vacancy, Closing date is 17th August 2022
Duration – Perm / temp:
Qualification and educational requirements:
5 or more GCSEs at A*-C/6-9 grades (including English Language & Maths) or equivalent qualifications. 2 or more A levels at A*- C grade.
- The vacancy is at level 2, so there’s an expectation that candidates should have at least a couple of years’ experience on a Helpdesk, preferably in Business IT support.
- Good general understanding of networking & IT security principles, Operating Systems, Hardware & Software
- Minimum 1 year as an IT apprentice or in a Junior Helpdesk technical role or comparable customer service role (for level 1, 1 st line support)
- Self-motivated, fast learner, logical thinker, good at problem solving Good verbal & written communication skills Ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team
- Keen interest in Information Technology in general and desire to keep learning.
- Good Listener, clean & professional appearance, methodical, flexible as and when circumstances require
- DBS Check will be required. Full Driving Licence and willingness to drive a company van essential for role at Level 2 or above
- A fast-paced and varied environment (we all enjoy what we do, making the most of our different skillsets, pulling together as a team and delivering great results for our customers)
- A proactive approach to ongoing training to help you develop life-long skills
- Great pay. We're a real Living Wage Employer and pay everyone based on their skills, effort and attitude.
- A generous holiday allowance
- The opportunity to work in a pleasant location with good public transport links.
- There’s a great café and various lunch takeaways round the corner, a park and open countryside within a minute’s walk, an interesting & wide variety of independent food & gift shops, galleries & cafes in nearby Haworth, yet we’re only a short bus ride from Keighley town centre with great rail & bus links to Leeds, Bradford, Skipton and beyond
- Free parking on-site, if you drive and have your own transport
- Free shower and changing facilities, if you fancy cycling to work or going for a countryside run at lunchtime
- A powered ‘Sit-Stand’ Desk with a comfy & supportive office chair and premium brand technology
Please fill out the details below to apply.