Deputy Head Chef - Fern House (Abbeyfield the Dales)
The successful candidate will demonstrate all the Abbeyfield values. Openness, Respect, Honesty, Caring. We are passionate about ensuring our residents are supported to feel safe, cared for and valued and we want you to help us enrich their lives. Our resident’s well-being is at the centre of everything we do.
The ideal candidate will in the absence of the Head Chef:
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
- Ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times
- Maintain the day to day running of the kitchen service
- Ordering of food and food related products using company nominated suppliers
- Maintain the cleanliness and good order of the kitchen and food storage areas
- Support and mentoring of all kitchen staff
- Organisation and implementation of staff rotas and annual leave tracking.
- Maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence as instructed.
- Ensure that the meals provided are cooked and presented to a high standard and that they are nutritional and well balanced.
- Ensure that the staff uniform is adhered to and that staff are clean and presentable at all times.
- All roles are subject to 3-month probation period, DBS clearance, satisfactory references
£11.41 per hour
Employer Name & Location:
Fern House, Abbeyfield the Dales, Bingley
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
Hours of work are 38 per week made up of 4 shifts over 7 days from 8am to 6pm
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
1 Vacancy, Closing Date is Ongoing
Duration – Perm / temp:
Please fill out the details below to apply.