Payroll Officer - St Vincent Pauls
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the SVP as a Payroll & HR Officer who will prepare the Society’s monthly payroll for around 350 staff. They will also provide support and guidance to staff and managers on a range of HR and payroll queries.
This role will be based at our Bradford Support Centre. The Centre is based in the very heart of the City and offers a range of free services such as ESOL classes, immigration and EUSS support and offers community services such as a café, garden and a shop. The location of the Centre means it has excellent public transport links and also has free parking available onsite.
Over the last few years the SVP has grown significantly and continues to do so, which is why we are expanding our HR & Payroll Team to enable us to be fit for the future. This a rewarding opportunity to make a difference and to work for a flexible employer committed to its staff.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- To manage the processing of the monthly Society-wide payroll including all permanent and temporary pay amendments ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time
- To ensure the Society’s obligations in relation to taxation and pensions are complied with
- To prepare payroll journals and recharge invoices for staff wages and salaries across the wider organisation
- To assist the HR Admin Officer in recruitment including advertising roles, reviewing CVs, collating applications, arranging interviews, reference checking and on-boarding etc
- To maintain all HR and Payroll records and documents in the relevant systems in a reliable and accurate manner
- To provide general HR administrative support during the full employee life-cycle including letter writing, presentations, photocopying, typing, minute taking, scanning, filing and shredding etc
- To arrange and conduct exit interviews for employees leaving the Society and report on trends and reasons
- To assist the HR & Payroll Manager with any employee relations cases including investigations, disciplinarians and grievances
Up to £25,000 per annum dependent on experience
Employer Name & Location:
St Vincent de Paul Society, Allenby House, Rees Way, Bradford BD3 0DZ
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
Full-Time, You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
1 Vacancy, the closing date is 28th August 2022
Duration – Perm / temp:
Qualification and educational requirements:
GCSE in Maths and English grades A* - C or equivalent qualification
Essential and desirable skills:
- Experience in processing a complex payroll operation including taxation and auto-enrolment pension
- Experience within a fast-paced admin role with the ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of general HR practices and legislation
- Understanding of general HR and Payroll related calculations such as calculating holidays etc.
- Understanding of statutory entitlements including SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met with a commitment to 100% accuracy
- Highly motivated and has a commitment to provide a high-quality service
- Capable of working under own initiative with minimal direct supervision
- Sympathy with the Christian aims and purposes of the Association and is able to value people of all faiths or none
It is desirable that the candidate can demonstrate the following:
- A HR or Payroll related qualification or working towards
- Experience of minute taking
- Experience of work within the voluntary sector
- Understanding of HR databases and their use
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none. The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known - the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organization dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance with the opportunity to progress.
33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, birthday day off, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced sick pay, buy/sell holiday schemes and lots more.
Please fill out the details below to apply.