Administrator: Credit Control (Finance) - University of Bradford (Kickstart Placement)
Working with the Credit Control team to control and maintain records for both student and commercial debtors. You will despatch invoices, credit notes and reminders as necessary. Ensuring the ledger is up to date and accurate and maintain positive communication with all internal and external stakeholders. To provide advice to students and commercial debtors, whilst working with University staff to address outstanding accounts.
- Contact debtors by e-mail/telephone to prompt payment and/or to agree instalment arrangements acceptable to the University.
- To liaise with the University Library and Disability Services teams regarding outstanding items and debts owed by students.
- To liaise with student sponsors with regards to overdue fees, contacting those sponsors who have failed to pay their invoices.
- Refer debtor accounts to external debt collection agencies.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks relating to student enrolment and debt, including updating debtor ledgers when payments are received.
National Minimum Wage
Employer Name & Location:
University of Bradford- Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
25 hours per week - Mon-Fri but to be agreed on appointment
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
Duration – Perm / temp:
6 months contract
Essential and desirable skills:
- GCSE’s grade A-C (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Excellent written and oral communications–detail focused, accurate and clear
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Central and local induction, on the job training, access to various training courses by University’s People Development Team.
If you are interested in this Kickstart Placement, aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit, please contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to go through the application process for this placement.