Apprentice Business Support Technician - Cosurica
This is a training role, contributing to delivery of quality communication, technical support and implementation services to our customers. We focus on supporting our customers in making the best use of technology in their business, in particular (but not limited to) Microsoft products and services. Our Apprentice Business Support Technicians are often the first to touch a new Help desk Case, making sure issues are handled quickly and customers are kept updated. Apprentices are supported by the more experienced members of our Support Team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of your initial training you will be required to develop your skills to:-
- Provide Basic Technical Support and other IT- related services
- Communicate and liaise with customers as ‘First Point of Contact’.
- Record and Monitor incidents, problems and change requests reported by customers
- Develop & maintain good relationships with our customers and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, hardware & software suppliers, partner support providers, and those of our customers
- Develop a solid understanding of the basics of CyberSecurity best practice Here’s some of the primary duties of the role:-
- Delight our customers with a friendly, quick and helpful experience
- Turn communications received from customers into Helpdesk Cases (support tickets) and refer new opportunities arising to the Sales Team
- Work on and resolve Helpdesk Cases & Service Requests
- Document in detail what is done on every Helpdesk Case
- Make sure that customer documentation is well maintained
- Split cases involving multiple issues into separate cases as appropriate
- Carry out remote troubleshooting
- Make sure that cases don’t go “stale” throughout the process
- Escalate cases which require more experienced support
- Follow the schedule provided by the Support Team Supervisor
- Learn to use the most appropriate form of communication for a particular scenario and choose the right form at the right time, to ensure customers are always kept informed of progress.
- Follow our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Record time spent on each case or project and submit Expense reports as per our SOPs
- Follow all our Security Procedures and keep a vigilant watch for security issues
Weekly Wage: £161, Starting Pay apprenticeship minimum but the employer is looking to offer a performance pay increase depending on personal development in the role.
Employer Name & Location: Cosurica, BD21 1SY
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1 Vacancy, Closing Date is 10/12/2021
Duration – Perm / temp: 18 months
Qualification and educational requirements: Maths and English GCSE A-C,4+ or L1 equivalent
Essential and desirable skills:
- A love of challenges and ability to solve problems
- Great communication skills, especially listening!
- The ability to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone (you’ll wear a headset so you can use both hands)
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing Customer Experience
- A good base of knowledge of IT Applications, Software & Hardware and the strong desire to keep on learning
- The ability to speak both Geek and Human (in English, since 99% of our customers are UK-based??)
Please fill out the details below to apply.