Apprentice Early Years Educator - Worth Valley Private Day Nursery
To assist in maintaining a high standard of care for all children in nursery in a way that meets their development needs. To follow the guidelines of the early Years Foundation Stage and to assist with the implementation of the daily routine.
Childcare and Education
- To support staff members and to join in with planning and the implementation of appropriate activities for children, relating to their age and stage of development.
- Provide relevant feedback to parents/carers about their child.
- Ensure all records of development and learning are fully and accurately maintained.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to additional needs and inclusion of children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds.
- To gain an understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and promote good practice.
- Be a key person.
- To assist in the provision of nursery offering a stimulating and enriched environment both indoors and outdoors.
- Encourage children’s independence skills, self-motivation, and willingness to learn.
Health and safety:
To participate in the daily health and safety checks of the nursery, ensuring that nursery is kept clean, safe, and secure always.
- Be prepared to help in the preparation of snack, meals, laundry and cleaning of equipment.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Ensure that our policy on valuing diversity and promoting equality is followed.
- Develop open and positive relationships with team members and parents.
- Complete appropriate course work and adhere to deadlines set by tutor.
- Attend all meetings set by tutor.
- Have all relevant college work available for assessing when needed by tutor.
- Attend all staff meetings and in house training.
- Two satisfactory relevant references
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure check
- To undertake relevant training towards an Ofsted approved childcare qualification.
- To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
Weekly Wage: £172.00
Employer Name & Location: WORTH VALLEY PRIVATE DAY NURSERY LIMITED, Keighley, BD21 5EH
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: full time, 40 hours
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 2, 4th November 2021
Duration – Perm / temp: Permanent 18 months
Qualification and educational requirements:
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to take the tests for this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Essential and desirable skills:
Strong communication skills and team working are essential.
- Good Organisational skills
- An awareness of health and safety
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- To have a reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy skills so reports can be written along with observations.
An enthusiastic, energetic, and dedicated individual will be required. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare.
- A desire to study a qualification.
- To work full time alongside college
- Adhere to our dress code
- A willingness to read policies and procedures and abide by their rules.
Training to be carried out at Keighley College.
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentices OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Award in Paediatric First Aid
- Will be required one day a week
- Supporting healthy lifestyles and physical care for children
- Prompting and understanding children's well-beings
- Understanding legislation in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Understanding and supporting and developing children's literacy and mathematical skills
- Prompting childrens speech, language and communication
- Promoting children's physical development
- Promoting children's personal, social and emotional development
- Supporting children with additional needs
Personal and people Development
- Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
End point assessment : support learner with portfolio, multiple choice question exam, observation and interview with the end point assessor.
Potential full time job offer or progression onto a higher level apprenticeship upon completion.
Please fill out the details below to apply.