Business Development Assistant - Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering - University of Bradford
Main Purpose of the Role
A University strategic aim is to increase our interaction with industrial partners through contract research, collaborative research and commercialisation of IP. The UoB/FoLS has limited resource in attracting, identifying and contacting potential industry partners and it is not surprising that the level of KT work performed by academics has steadily dropped-off over recent years. UoB BDMs also have a significant admin burden when contracting with a commercial organisation which can limit their time on lead generation activity and attracting new partners. The main purpose of the BD assistant role would be to:
- Improve our marketing and publicity through webpages and social media;
- Identify companies for CPES/UoB to partner with;
- Assist in preparing documentation required to progress commercially funded projects from enquiry to invoice;
- Identify events to attend and support registration and company interaction at those events.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Enhancing indirect marketing of KT centres (primarily CPES) by updating webpages, identifying news items for webpages & through social media, enhancing social media links and outputs
- Identifying networking events and conferences for BDMs to attend and help with admin burden of registration contacting companies at conferences e.g. BioEurope Spring March 20th-22nd
- Identifying target lists of companies using FAME or other UoB databases
- Assist with administrative work by understanding the enquiry to invoice documentation trial and completing simple costings and project EOI on RIS systems- ensuring smooth progression of projects to start date
- Arranging meetings and progressing enquiries/proposals with industry partners; be part of the CPES commercial team.
Weekly Wage: Minimum wage- dependant on age
Employer Name & Location: University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: 25 hours per week, To be confirmed at appointment
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1 Vacancy
Closing Date: Ongoing
Duration – Perm / temp: 6 Months
Essential and desirable skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Excellent written and oral communications–detail focused, accurate and clear.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A-levels in biosciences (preferably biochemistry-related) or chemistry
- Central and local induction
- On the job training
- Access to various training courses by University’s People Development Team
If you are interested in this Kickstart Placement, aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit, please contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to go through the application process for this placement.