Care Assistant - Nights - Greystones Nursing Home
To provide care for the service users under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, trained nursing staff and senior care assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required.
Additional Job Specifications may include:
- To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
- Responding promptly to call bells
- To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the Senior Carer (who will report to the nurse in charge)
- To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
- To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. - Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc. fitted, cleaned and in working order.
- To assist the service users in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and trained nursing staff.
- To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
- To pay due respect to service users' possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy and presentable.
- To be resourceful in the use of supplies.
- To work at all times, within the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedure.
- To be aware of all fire exit means of escape from the Home.
- To complete all Company Health and Safety and Fire checks as requested.
- To ensure readiness to commence work at the time stated on the Duty Rota and not to abandon duty without permission from the Home Manager or Nurse-in-charge.
- To adhere to the policy relating to personal appearance and the uniform policy whilst on duty.
- To ensure that articles for laundry are sluiced if soiled before placing into correct container.
- To read and implement the Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control.
- To ensure the appropriate segregation of waste material. That it is disposed of in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control.
- To report to the Nurse in Charge any changes in individual service user’s condition and any other relevant matter, noting especially any changes in skin condition.
- To report to the Nurse in Charge any verbal concerns or complaints raised by the service user or visitors.
- To recognise your own caring limitations and to seek guidance from the Home Manager or trained nursing staff as appropriate.
Weekly Wage: Minimum wage
Employer Name & Location: Greystones Nursing Home Heaton
Shift patterns: Night shift 20:00 – 08:00 with a flexible approach to day shifts to cover for Illness and holidays
Duration – Perm / temp: Permanent
Qualification and educational requirements:
- A minimum of two satisfactory employment references DBS check, Covid-19 double dose vaccination applies to this position.
- Care Certificate/Mandatory training
Essential and desirable skills: Excellent communicator, the ability to document each care interaction digitally
Training provided: Mandatory update training. Online training opportunities throughout the year
Additional benefits: A chance to join a small family run nursing home and make a difference to someone’s life
Please fill out the details below to apply.