Early Years Apprentice - St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Are you an energetic and confident team player?
Are you kind and patient and ready to learn new skills?
Do you have high expectations for all learners?
At St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we are looking for an Early Years teaching apprentice to join our fantastic EYFS team. This is an exciting opportunity and the Governing Body is seeking to appoint an apprentice who has a passion for early child development.
The role will include:
- Some 1:1 support of children with additional needs
- Working as part of the team across Nursery and Reception.
- Attend College/Training where applicable and completing assignments on time to develop your own knowledge and skills
- Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including care routines; observation, assessment and planning; parent feedback and transition using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- To understand and adhere to St Joseph's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, including the Prevent Duty. To be aware of up to date legislation in relation to safeguarding.
- To follow all St Josephs policies and procedures.
- To work closely with the Nursery SENCO and Early Years Practitioners to meet all children’s individual needs
- To understand the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
You would be required to start at 8:30 and finish at 3:15pm.
At St. Joseph’s, we can offer:
- A warm and welcoming environment
- Well behaved and enthusiastic pupils
- A diverse community in which Catholic values are at the centre
- On the job training and development
- A supportive and nurturing team who strive for excellence every day
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged through the school office.
For further details or to arrange a visit, please call the school office on 01274 727970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be asked to submit a childcare targeted CV.
Weekly Wage: £135
Employer Name & Location: St Joseph's Catholic Primary School Bradford
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: Monday to Friday,
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1
Duration – Perm / temp: 15 months
Qualification and educational requirements: Maths and English GCSE A-C,4+ or L1 equivalent
Essential and desirable skills:
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good organisational skills.
- Demonstrate creative ability.
- Understand Confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well to pupils and adults
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to the school, its pupils, parents or carers
- Ability to cope with the requirements of the post, which will include working with pupils who have emotional/ behavioural/physical difficulties
Training provided: Early Years Practitioner L2
Maths and English Functional Skills if required.
Training by day release, online lessons with the tutor and onsite observations with an assessor.
Please fill out the details below to apply.