Enabling Assistant - Kickstart Placement (x40)
Key Purpose of the Post:
We are looking for compassionate, kind and supportive people to become part of our proud team spending every day making a difference to people’s lives. As a Care Assistant duty will vary dependent on each client’s individual care plan. These may include personal care, assistance with moving and handling, support with community outings. You are required to care for our residents like they are your own family, caring for their Physical, Psychological and Social needs.
General duties as below but these may vary:
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals.
- Communication will play a huge part of the role, as you will need to give detailed handovers to your colleagues
- Encourage independence and self-belief by providing all aspects of care to residents including both physical, personal care and support with social activities.
- Promoting and supporting emotional well-being of residents.
- Ensure records and documents are completed and kept up to date
- Ensure confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- Attend staff meetings, training days by agreement with line manager.
- Undertake any duties that are required to support the service
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A caring and compassionate attitude
- The ability to commit to regular (flexible) hours Effective communicator and a team player
- Passionate about delivering a quality care service
- Is able to follow instructions in a careful and structured way to carry out a task and has successfully passed on information accurately
- Proof of COVID double vaccination unless medically exempt.
- Age 18-24 years old applicants on Universal Credit
Number of hours per week:
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Details of employability support:
SkillsHouse and Skills for Work - Functional Skills, Employability etc. On the job training and work experience, Pastoral/Mentor support.
Residential Care Homes
How to apply for the Kickstart Placement:
You need to contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to let them know that you are interested in this placement and wish to attend the Kickstart Open Recruitment day - Tuesday 26th August @ 10am-12:30pm & 1:30pm-4pm