Facilities Support Assistant - Kickstart Placement (x30)
Key Purpose of Post:
Facilities Support Assistant position duties include food preparation, some element of cooking, the serving of hospitality meals, cleaning, supervision of pupils and other duties as directed by the Unit Manager. The post may require work in other Bradford council buildings. To assist the Unit Catering Manager in providing high quality, customer focused catering services that are valued by the customer.Successful candidates will be supported through an induction training programme and will have opportunities to progress within the organisation and other benefits which you would expect from a Local Authority.
General duties as below but these may vary:
- Adheres to operational procedures and ensure high standards of Food Safety and Safe Working Practices are maintained at all times according to the policies.
- Prepare and cook vegetables, potatoes, sauces, gravies and salads as instructed by the Unit Catering Manager.
- Willing to undertake additional training / duties relating to the preparation, cooking, presentation and service of food.
- Prepare the dining room and service area, moving furniture (tables, benches, chairs) as required whilst maintaining compliance to Safe Methods of Working.
- Wipe and clear dining tables, trays, and service counter during service or in between sittings as required.
- Clean and store away all equipment used during preparation cooking and service.
- Clean dining room floor and furniture etc after service and re stack furniture if necessary.
- Assist with cleaning the kitchen, stores, toilets, drains, swill bins, dustbins etc.This work is usually arranged on a rota system but a willingness to help others is essential.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions such as procedures, COSHH information, Health & Safety information, Fire Safety information and Food Safety information. (Must demonstrate the basic numeracy and literacy required to fulfil the role)
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- You are able to follow instructions
- To be passionate about delivering great service
- Have a passion for hospitality
- Be organised
- To be willing to learn new skills
- Clean and smart in appearance
- Courteous and respectful to customers and work colleagues at all times
- Able to work as part of a team, with a hard working, positive and helpful disposition
Number of hours per week:
Approximately 30 hours per week
Working patterns and contracted hours:
Term time only
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Details of employability support:
SkillsHouse and Skills for Work - Functional Skills, Employabilty etc. On the job training and work experience, Pastoral/Mentor support.
Various schools across the District
How to apply for the Kickstart Placement:
You need to contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to let them know that you are interested in this placement and wish to attend the Kickstart Open Recruitment day - Tuesday 24th August @ 10am-12:30pm.