Home Care Assistant - Newline Care Services
To provide a service of care to service users to enable them to lead as independent a life as is possible in their own home. This care service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with the following and in so doing will always observe and respect the Service Users dignity, privacy, independence and be respectful of the service users:
- Dressing and undressing
- Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / oral care.
- Hair care (washing / brushing).
- Nail care (fingernails filing only).
- Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
- Continence management.
- Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing instruction or following training).
- Getting in and out of bed.
- Assisting with the use of Aids to Daily Living / Rehabilitation Aids, as required.
- Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as instructed by Healthcare professionals.
- Day and evening sitting services, as required.
- Assisting on outings, hospital appointments etc.
- Assisting the client to take prescribed medication following the Medication guidelines only when stated in the care plan.
- Preparation of snacks and meals according to the Service users wishes, likes / dislikes. Leaving snacks and a jug or flask for the service user to access independently later in the day.
- Assisting with feeding, where required.
Domestic / Household Services:
- General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing/ mopping / microwaves cleaning after each use / tops of ovens.
- Bed-making, changing and remaking and laundering.
- Clearing refuse and rubbish from the Services Users home to the correct colour bin.
- Laundering / Hand-washing / Ironing / Light needlework, as required.
- Shopping, and the preparation of shopping lists, shopping for the groceries and putting them away for the Service User.
- To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties as listed in the policy and procedure folders.
- Care staff to be respectful when in a Service Users home not only of the Service User but of their surroundings and belongings.
- To follow the company’s Policies and Procedures as stated by the company when carrying out care duties
- To participate as directed by management Induction Training and regular In-service Training programmes, supervisions and appraisals.
- Strict adhering to Confidentiality and Code of conduct relevant to post.
- To converse with care workers in a professional manner and be mindful of social media interaction.
- Care staff are to maintain accurate, concise and timely records and have the ability to speak out about any concerns.
Hourly Rate: Weekdays £9.20 per hour worked & Weekends £9.60 per hour worked
Drivers Mileage Rate: 30p per mile from first visit to last visit.
Employer Name & Location: Newline Care Services, Unit 1 Suite 12 Robin Mills, Leeds Road, Bradford, BD10 9TE
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: We work 7 days a week 365 days a year between 7am – 10pm
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: Part time non driver around 18 hours per week contract of 12 & Part time driver around 18 hours per week contract of 12 hours per week. Alternate weekends. Annual Leave paid hours based on actual hours worked.
Duration – Perm / temp: Permanent
Qualification and educational requirements: Basic level of education and common sense, training will be provided for the right enthusiastic committed person
Essential and desirable skills: Compassion, Empathy, prepared to get hands dirty and ability to follow policies and procedures.
Training provided: Induction, Care Certificate plus all mandatory on line annual courses and any extras needed for role.
Additional benefits: Shift bonus per extra shifts picked up and pension scheme.
Please fill out the details below to apply.