PE Coach / Support - Hill Top CE Primary School and Nursery
- Hill Top CE Primary School and Nursery is a small one from entry primary school in BD12. We have a friendly, supportive staff and some lovely children.
- The PE Coach position will be based across and will be working alongside Class Teachers and other external PE coaches
- The post will include supporting lunch times and after school clubs as well as supporting in PE lessons.
- The job will involve supporting teachers, lunchtime assistants and external PE coaches in meeting and encouraging the physical development needs of all our children throughout the school.
- Your day will involve helping to prepare, set up and clear away PE resources for our children, working alongside individuals and small groups of children, encouraging and leading physical activity and team games at lunch times and at after school clubs and ensuring all children are enjoying and participating fully in their physical development. This will all be under the direction and supervision of key members of staff within our School.
- You will be expected to work outside for some of the time.
National Minimum Wage
Employer Name & Location:
Hill Top C.E. Primary School, Common Road, Bradford, BD12 0TL
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
30 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only, Monday to Friday 9.00am-12.45pm & 1.45pm-4.00 pm
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
1 Vacancy, Closing Date is Ongoing
Duration – Perm / temp:
6 Month Placement
Essential and desirable skills:
- You must enjoy working with young children and be passionate about supporting them reach their full potential, particularly in physical development, sport and team games.
- The ability to work as a reliable member of a team is essential – along with flexibility, the ability to use your own initiative and a good sense of humour.
- The post can be physically demanding at times so you must be fit enough to meet the demands of this role.
- You must have excellent numeracy, literacy and PE skills (the equivalent of a 4 or above in GCSE Maths, PE and English) and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- You will be appointed a mentor within school who will offer guidance and support throughout this placement.
- You will have opportunities to attend relevant safeguarding, first aid, PE and health and safety training.
- You will be working alongside professional and experienced colleagues on a daily who will coach and model practices for you.
- You will also have opportunities to see how the wider school works by supporting lunch times and after school clubs
If you are interested in this Kickstart Placement, aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit, please contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to go through the application process for this placement.