Project Manager - The VCS Alliance
The VCS Alliance is a successful organisation who is looking to recruit another Project Manager to grow its staff team.
KEY PURPOSES OF THE POST
- To develop and manage contracts and grants managed and delivered via The VCS Alliance.
- Responsibility for ensuring that contracts of The VCS Alliance are delivered in line with contract specifications and to a high standard.
- To develop, maintain and manage relationships with a wide range of delivery partners, to support the development of a diverse Provider Community as a resource pool for contract delivery.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of suitable contracting documentation, in collaboration with team colleagues and Delivery Provider organisations.
- Ensure the successful delivery of The VCS Alliance contracts and grants of varied sizes and complexity within legal requirements.
- Establish, manage and develop arrangements, frameworks and systems to ensure appropriate monitoring of all contracts and grants under your responsibility, including performance and finances.
- Take responsibility for monitoring and analysing performance within The VCS Alliance contract frameworks by leading on regular contract management processes with delivery partners.
- Collation and analysis of information to highlight all contractual and performance issues in accordance with contract timetables.
- Advise line manager of all contract performance issues, along with issues relating to compliance against contract/service level agreement terms and conditions.
- Ensure all contract management issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Undertake the central administration of the contract arrangements including supporting the development and production of information systems and reports to support the contract monitoring process.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to answer all contract queries efficiently and in a timely way.
- Produce regular reports updating the Board on the delivery and performance of The VCSA contracts.
- Produce contract and activity monitoring reports for funders as required.
- Any other tasks required in line with the role.
- Complete relevant administrative tasks including record keeping and data management.
- Contribute to The VCS Alliance’s general administration through dealing with enquiries via the telephone, email and drop-ins when needed.
- Contribute information to The VCS Alliance’s newsletter/mailings/e-bulletins/website, where relevant to the role.
- Complete any other related administrative tasks.
- Undertake any training or development opportunities as may be required to keep up to date and fulfil the requirements identified for this role.
- Attend regular supervision sessions and staff meetings.
- Comply with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as prescribed by and agreed with your Line Manager.
- Work in line with The VCS Alliance’s Code of Conduct and maintain good relationships within and outside of The VCS Alliance.
- Have a collaborative and flexible approach to work undertaken.
- Work in accordance with The VCS Alliance’s Aims, Objectives and Values.
- Promote The VCS Alliance with all relevant stakeholders.
- Flexibility is an advantage. Please contact us to discuss what this means before accepting any offer of employment.
The VCS Alliance is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy and practice. Everyone who comes into contact with The VCS Alliance and its staff and volunteers will be treated with dignity and respect, and will not be discriminated against directly or indirectly on the grounds of any protected characteristic described in the Equality Act (2010) including their gender identity, sex, race/ethnicity, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, mental health status, age or disability. Job applicants, employees, volunteers and service users will be entitled these protections too.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The post holder is expected to comply with The VCS Alliance Health and Safety Policy and take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by the work.
All job roles are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly. The job description is a guide to the work that you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the seniority of the post.
This post is subject to a 3 month probationary period. This post is currently fixed for two years (subject to review of ongoing funding).
Weekly Wage: £490.02 - £520.02 ( £25,481 - £27,041) (pro-rata)
Employer Name & Location: The VCS Alliance, Perkin House, Longlands Street, Bradford, BD1 2LU
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
Part Time - 28-35 hours/week (negotiable)
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1 - Closing Date: 8th November 2021 at 12 noon
Duration – Perm / temp: This post is currently fixed for two years (subject to review of ongoing funding). This post is subject to a 3 month probationary period.
Qualification and educational requirements:
- Qualified to minimum Level 4 in subject relevant to the role, or significant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and demonstrable track record of managing multiple contracts and projects e.g. with multiple sub-contractors
- Using IT systems to support the delivery and monitoring of work
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of developing relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners
- Collation and presentation of project monitoring, activity and performance reports
On the job training provided for the right candidate
28 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Requirement to able to work and travel across Bradford District and Craven
The VCS Alliance is committed to hybrid working, whilst responding to the needs of the role.
Please fill out the details below to apply.