Research Lab Assistant – Biomedical Science - University of Bradford (Kickstart Placement)
Main purpose of the role:
The role will support ongoing research projects in the laboratory. The post holder will perform basic biochemical experiments, routine maintenance of cell culture and provide general laboratory support.
- To support ongoing biomedical research by preparing and carrying out standard laboratory tests such as gel electrophoresis, western blotting and immune detection experiments.
- Maintenance of routine cell culture stocks and the preparation of experimental samples.
- Preparation and maintenance of basic laboratory stocks such as experimental solutions and the basic maintenance of essential equipment.
- Accurate recording and documentation of the test results and their analysis.
- Effective communication of the work and its results with the supervisor, writing reports and learning about relevant scientific and technical methods.
Weekly Wage: Minimum Wage – dependent on age
Employer Name & Location: University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: 25 Hours per week, Monday to Friday. To be agreed on Appointment.
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1 Vacancy, Ongoing
Duration – Perm / temp: 6 Months
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Excellent written and oral communications–detail focused, accurate and clear
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A Level in Chemistry or Biology
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor):
- Central and local induction
- On the job training
- Access to various training courses by University’s People Development Team
If you are interested in this Kickstart Placement, aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit, please contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to go through the application process for this placement.