Sewing Machinist Apprentice - Mason Textiles LTD
- Production schedule
- Pining and cutting the fabric from patterns
- Joining on flatbed sewing machine
- Sewing the interlining into the tie on a flatbed sewing machine
- Sealing the thread in the tie on a flatbed sewing machine
- Turning the tie on a tie turning machine
- Running a bespoke sewing machine
- Finishing press
- Labelling the tie using a bespoke sewing machine
- Quality control
- Putting the final product into bags and boxing ready to dispatch
Weekly Wage: £160.18
Employer Name & Location: Mason Textiles Ltd, Skipton, BD23 2AZ
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: 37.25 hours, full time
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 2
Duration – Perm / temp: Permanent
Qualification and educational requirements: Level 1 in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Essential and desirable skills:
- Basic skills in tailoring
- Good communication skills
- Can cut the fabric and order fabric
- Can measure accurately
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Organised, methodical worker
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Great attitude to learning
Level 2 Sewing Machinist Operative Standard
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in maths
The apprentice will gain technical knowledge and experience in a growing industry where good technical skills are vital. The sewing machinists role is fundamental to the production process right across the fashion and textiles industry.
The apprentice will learn vital skills including workstation preparation, stitching operations, machine and workstation maintenance and carrying out instructions. The apprentice will also gain knowledge in the materials used in production, specialist sewing machines used, the production process, quality and quantity requirements, supply chain and customer base and policies and procedures.
Training will be carried out at our Keighley Campus, Bradford Road, Keighley, BD21 4HQ.
- Potential full time job opportunity upon completion.
Please fill out the details below to apply.