Trainee Engineering Maintenance Operative - University of Bradford (Kickstart Placement)
Main Purpose of Role
Working as part of the Property Services Team the role will involve working within a skilled trades team to carry our basic maintenance inspections across the University estate relating to heating, hot water, ventilation and electrical services such as fire alarms.
Main Duties of Role
- Plant Room Inspections – Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Maintain and clear plantrooms to a safe and secure standard.
- Inspection and clearing of flat roofs.
- Safe use of ladders
- Ensuring tools and materials are kept safe and stored appropriately
- Vehicle Safety Checks (Visual in accordance with check list)
- Assisting Plumbers and Electricians as required.
- Adhering with health and safety regulations including risk assessments
- Liaison with staff, contractors, and students
National Minimum Wage
Employer Name & Location:
University of Bradford - Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
25 hours per week, Mon-Fri - To be agreed on appointment
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
Duration – Perm / temp:
6 months contract
Essential and desirable skills:
- Excellent communication, punctual and interpersonal skills
- Working at heights i.e. on safe secure ladders, flat roofs with edge protection.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to understand and adhere to Health & Safety Regulations particularly job specific risk assessments.
- Basic understanding of services such as heating, lighting etc would be advantageous
Central and local induction, on the job training, access to various training courses by University’s People Development Team.
If you are interested in this Kickstart Placement, aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit, please contact your DWP work coach at your local Job Centre Plus to go through the application process for this placement.