Apprentice Gardener & Landscaper - Training Provider: Shipley College
Brief Job Description
You will train one day a week at Shipley College in Horticulture. Duties will include:
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Digging over
Most of the work involves commercial contracts which need maintenance all year round. In winter when the need for gardening is quieter you will be expected to perform different duties such as fencing, painting and maintenance jobs. Gardening is a very manual job, so you should be prepared for physical labour. You should be ready to work in any weather; sunshine, rain or even snow.
Employer name & location
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
30 hrs per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
This employer is looking to fill the vacancy as soon as possible so please apply promptly.
Duration – Perm / temp
You will receive a contract of employment to cover the apprenticeship period. After that period a review will take place and a permanent position may be offered with the organisation although cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
Qualification and educational requirements
Maths & English GCSE Grade 3 as a minimum or equivalent
Essential and desirable skills
- You should have excellent attendance and punctuality, and be very enthusiastic for this area of work.
- You should love the outdoors and gardening and be flexible in terms of duties you are asked to perform.
- You should be extremely polite and courteous to your customers and treat their gardens with care and respect.
- You should have excellent communication skills and be able to talk to customers with confidence.
- You must be prepared for physical labour and have the initiative to get on with the job.
- Full clean driving licence would be an advantage.
You will be required to attend Shipley College 1 day per week to complete the off the job apprenticeship training requirements.
Please fill out the details below to apply.