Apprentice Golf Greenkeeper - Training Provider: Shipley College
Brief Job Description
The golf club has a variety of landscapes that require looking after in various ways everything from formal gardens and flower beds to the sports turf on the tees, fairway, greens and tennis courts. Daily duties will include:
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough, semi rough and tennis courts.
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers.
- Line marking of tennis courts
- Indicating drop zones and hazards.
- Switch and brush greens. Apply top dressing and fertiliser.
- Identify and control pests and diseases. Renovate worn and damaged turf. Prepare and maintain machinery.
£180.60 per week
Employer name & location
Rawdon Golf Club, Rawdon Leeds
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
42 hours per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
Vacancy closes once filled so please apply as soon as possible.
Duration – Perm / temp
You will receive a contract of employment to cover the apprenticeship period. After that period a review will take place and a permanent position may be offered with the organisation although cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
Qualification and educational requirements
Functional skills Level 1 Maths & English or equivalent.
Essential and desirable skills
Willing to work outdoors in all weathers.
You will attend Shipley College 1 day per week to study where you will learn the theory side of the Green keeping apprenticeship.
Please fill out the details below to apply.