Apprentice Hair Professional - Training Provider: Keighley College
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Bottega/Claire Benson Hairdressing for someone just starting their Level 2 or Level 3 Hair Professional qualification.
£172 per week
Employer name & location
Claire Benson Hairdressing Ltd
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
Monday (College). Tuesday 7 hours (Tuesday is a day for in house training). Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 6 hours and Saturday - 7 hours.
40 hours per week.
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
Duration – Perm / temp
Qualification and educational requirements
GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 grades in maths and English or equivalent qualifications are preferable.
Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing/Barbering).
All apprentices will complete the core skills and knowledge (Part 1) and will choose the occupational option route for hairdressing or barbering (Part 2) Part 1 - Mandatory core skills and knowledge for Hairdressing and Barbering.
Essential and desirable skills
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- Helpful, friendly and an outgoing personality is essential
- Be able to think quick
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance and style are essential
- A desire to succeed and willing to learn
Standard title: Level 2 Hair Professional
Length of Programme: 24-27 months
Mode of delivery: Day release at the Keighley Campus
The Apprenticeship standard comprises of:
- Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and thinking skills
- Functional Skills (project and tests)
- VTCT Diploma in Hair Professionals level 2
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Hair extensions
- Smooth and straighten hair
- Knowledge based element
No stand-alone knowledge based qualification is required. The level 2 certificate for Hairdressing is a combined knowledge and competence qualification. An End Point Assessment will take place.
Please fill out the details below to apply.