Apprentice Nursery Assistant - Training Provider: Shipley College
Brief job description
- Attend college for your apprenticeship course. When you are not in college, you are expected to attend work. You should complete work allocated by college to their deadlines.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- Complete records
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Provide adult interaction with children in the Nursery
- Adhere to all nursery policies and procedures and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To attend any training that is beneficial to your role within the company and your own personal development, including staff meetings and parents evenings inside and outside of normal working hours.
- Demonstrate a welcoming approach to parents, work placement students and visitors.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in relation to self, children, equipment and surroundings including participation in laundry and staff room rota.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained and to be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
£162.80 per week
Employer name & location
Farfield Nursery, Shipley
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
Position closes when filled so please apply as soon as possible. Possible start date of 19/4/20.
Duration – Perm / temp
You will receive a contract of employment to cover the apprenticeship period. After that period a review will take place and a permanent position may be offered with the organisation although cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
Qualification and educational requirements
GCSE -English – grade 4 and Maths Grade 3 minimum
Essential and desirable skills
Someone not afraid to ask questions if they don’t understand. Have a genuine desire to work with children and build a career in childcare.
Good time keeping and communication skills.
You will attend Shipley College 1 day per week to undertake a Level2 or Level 3 (depending on experience & qualifications) apprenticeship qualification in Early Years
Please fill out the details below to apply.