Business Administrator Apprentice - Coco & Barley
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with internal and external stakeholders. With a focus on adding value, the role of Business Administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The Business Administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The Business Administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Answering the telephone – polite telephone manner
- Speaking with customers/3rd parties
- Dealing with/replying to emails
- Confidentiality in the workplace
- A good understanding of the Microsoft Office package, MAC, having the ability to create documents, spreadsheets and manage communications
Weekly Wage: £129.00
Employer Name & Location: Coco and Barley, 32 Castle Stead Drive, Bradford, BD13 5FD
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: Full time, 30 hours a week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1, closing date 28th July 2021
Duration – Perm / temp: 21 Months, Permanent
Qualification and educational requirements:
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 Functional Skills or equivalent in English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
Essential and desirable skills:
- Maths and English skills
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages (essential)
- Communication skills
- Planning and organising
- Record and document production
- Team work
- Attention to detail
- Full UK driving license (not essential)
- Must love animals and not be afraid of dogs
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Approachable and able to build relationships with others
- Confidentiality in the workplace
- Behaves in a professional manner at all times
- Takes ownership and is willing to see things through
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
- Always willing to continuously improve and adapt to changing situations with resilience
Mode of delivery: Training, observations and assessments carried out in the workplace. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3.
- Support and engage with different parts of the organisation
- Interacting with internal or external customers
- Supporting functional areas
- Working across teams
- Resolving issues as requested
Personal and People Development:
- Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity:
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Level 3 (A level)
Potential job opportunity upon completion.
Please fill out the details below to apply.