Finance & Administration Assistant - Training Provider: Shipley College
To provide the Company with financial and administrative support including: invoicing and allocating payments on Midexpro, inputting transactions onto the Quickbooks (QB) online accounts, assisting the Directors in any other duties required and being responsible for general housekeeping and maintaining office supplies.
Employer name & location
Avondale Medical Ltd. 43-44 Pegholme Wharfebank Business Centre, Otley, LS21 3JP
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
37.50 hours per week (9:00 to 17:00 with ½ hour for lunch)
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
1 position available. Vacancy will close once position is filled so please apply as soon as possible.
Duration – Perm / temp
You will receive a contract of employment to cover the apprenticeship period. After that period a review will take place and a permanent position may be offered with the organisation although cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
Qualification and educational requirements
Maths and English A-D, 3 + or equivalent.
Lower grades will be considered after sitting a Shipley College Skills
Essential and desirable skills
- Excellent administrative and IT skills, and confident in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and keep to deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Organised and able to manage high volume workload and various projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team
- Good problem solving ability and able to analyse information
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Integrity and understanding of care needed with sensitive and confidential information
- An understanding of office and administration procedures
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping training or qualifications
- Experience of using Quickbooks or other accounting packages
- Interest in and knowledge of the medical profession
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Knowledge of financial systems, including accounting systems and budgetary control
You will attend lessons at Shipley College 1 day a week to complete the off the job training requirements of the apprenticeship.
Please fill out the details below to apply.