Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Training Provider: Shipley College
Brief Job Description
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting in the management of pupils in the learning environment.
- Assisting in the planning of learning activities.
- Administering routine tests, invigilate exams and undertake routine marking of pupils’ work.
- Undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes appropriate to the pupil’s needs to ensure physical, social, emotional and intellectual development, taking into account diversity e.g. language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- Supervising and supporting pupils consistently at all times including those with special needs; recognising and responding to their individual needs whilst ensuring their safety and education in the learning environment.
Employer name & location
St Pauls Primary School, Wibsey.
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time
30.5 hrs per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications
Vacancy will close once position is filled so please apply as soon as possible.
Duration – Perm / temp
21 month contract
Qualification and educational requirements
Must have GCSE English & Maths grade 4
Essential and desirable skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills
- Exercising advisory, guiding, negotiating and persuasive skills at a developed level.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Basic ICT skills.
- An understanding of the needs of a multicultural society.
- Knowledge of childcare.
- Awareness of child development.
- Knowledge and commitment to schools Equality policy.
- Ability to relate well to pupils and adults.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with children of the relevant age.
- Demonstrate good co-operative, interpersonal and effective listening skills.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to the school, its pupils, parents or carers.
- Ability to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- Ability to cope with the requirements of the post, which will include working with pupils who have emotional/ behavioral/physical difficulties.
You will attend Shipley College 1 day per week to complete the Teaching Assistant qualification.
Please fill out the details below to apply.