Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Knowleswood Primary
Knowleswood Primary School
- Will assist in maintaining the good discipline of pupils throughout school and be expected to use good common sense, as well as use initiative in all matters relating to the conduct and behaviour of individual pupils, groups of pupils and whole classes, the safety, mobility (if required), hygiene and well-being of the pupils; making decisions within established working practices and procedures.
- Will recognise and challenge any incidents of racism, bullying, harassment, victimisation and any form of abuse of equal opportunities, ensuring compliance with the relevant school policy and procedures.
- Will deal with any issues, immediate problems or emergencies that arise in line with school policies and procedures liaising with colleagues where necessary e.g. dealing with a sick, injured or distressed child.
- Acting as a role model, will establish productive and constructive working relationships with pupils, setting high expectations, motivating and interacting with them, being aware of their individual needs, supporting difference and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop whilst responding appropriately.
- Will have the ability to cope with the requirements of the post, which may include working with pupils who have emotional/behavioural/physical difficulties.
- Will contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Will appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Be vigilant and sensitive to any child protection/safeguarding concerns that arise, reporting any concerns to the designated officer in line with school policy and procedure.
£183.13 per week
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
Full time, hours to be confirmed at the interview
Number of vacancies:
Closing date for applications:
7th November 2022
Duration – Perm/temp:
Qualifications and Level of Education required for role:
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) and GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C)
Driving Licence Required? (Yes/No):
To ask at the interview
Essential and desirable skills:
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard as well as Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English if required. The weekly day release at Shipley College is on a Thursday.
Enquire via SkillsHouse
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Please complete the form below and a member of the SkillsHouse team will contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Advisers. If you have a CV, you can attach it here, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you to write one.