Care Professional - Home Instead
All working patterns considered, very flexible
£12/hour plus travel expenses
The Care Professional’s role is to support an older person to live as independently as possible in their own home. Assistance can be anything from companionship to palliative care – every client is unique with their own set of needs. You will visit clients at home to provide support, encouraging independence and improving their quality of life. Involves driving to clients’ homes. May involve helping with household chores, pet care, shopping, socialising, meal preparation, medication support, personal care, appointments, mobility assistance, monitoring of health conditions. Shifts can be flexible and varied, there is generally something for everyone.
- £12/hour plus travel expenses
Employer Name & Location:
- Home Instead Bradford, Salts Mill, BD18 3LA
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time:
- All working patterns considered, very flexible
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications:
Duration – Perm / temp:
- Permanent, but flexible
Qualification and educational requirements:
- No formal qualifications are required, but you must speak very good English as great communication is an essential part of this role. Training in moving and handling of people, medication administration, condition-specific knowledge (eg. Dementia, Parkinson’s, diabetes), patient note writing, all an advantage but not necessary.
- Due to the nature of the role, you must hold a driving license and have a reliable means of transport.
Essential and desirable skills:
- A caring and compassionate nature is essential. We love people who are always looking to make things better, who want the best for their clients, and can maintain professional boundaries whilst building meaningful relationships with clients and their families. You must possess excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Previous experience in health and social care is an advantage but not essential. It’s more important that you are empathetic and enthusiastic – everything else can be taught.
- You will undergo a full induction that will teach you all you’ll need to get started in your role as a Care Professional. Our award-winning training is ongoing throughout your career, and we strongly encourage further learning. We have an online learning platform as well as in-house practical training. After training, you will spend some time shadowing another Care Professional out in the field until you’re ready to go it alone. Following this, you will receive constant support, whenever you need it. We’re always at the end of the phone.
- Excellent basic rate pay of £12 per hour.
- Paid mileage, paid per mile between visits.
- A variety of hours to suit any schedule, with part-time, full-time and guaranteed hours contracts available.
- Fully paid, comprehensive training with opportunities for additional courses, City & Guilds qualifications and NVQs as you work.
- Full on-the-job support from your office, with opportunities for career progression.
- Employee referral scheme with opportunity for paid bonuses.
- Caregiver of the month awards and regular fun Caregiver team activities.
- Employee discount scheme, including exclusive discounts at major high street stores.
- Employee Assistance Programme, with full access to healthcare advice, counselling sessions and financial wellbeing resources.
- Optional health and dental care cash plans, discounted vision care and more.
Enquire via SkillsHouse
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Please complete the form below and a member of the SkillsHouse team will contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Advisers. If you have a CV, you can attach it here, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you to write one.