Electrical Installation Lecturer
- To teach on courses specified by the management team
- To assist the management team in delivering high learning value, financially efficient programmes (including physical resource management) and to lead on innovation and efficiency in the delivery of learning
- To be responsible for student’s academic progress, wellbeing, behaviour management and careers and pastoral guidance throughout their learning journey
- To seek out and respond to the student voice – seeing students as primary stakeholders in their learning
- To help students develop modern, safe working practices and behaviours – in both technical (vocational skills) and employability skills.
- To participate actively in the enrolment, monitoring, profiling and assessment of students
- To proactively develop and promote close links with employer/industry partners
- To create enriching, effective and inspirational programmes of learning that expose our students to real-life work experiences – including on and off campus
- To treat students as individuals and develop personalised learning plans that drive their progress in learning, scaffold them to meet and exceed their targets and enable them to reach their career goals
- To arrange, supervise and manage students on placements, offsite visits and related activities Construction and Engineering, including the implementation and promotion of regulations, policies and procedures.
- To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
- Starting at £24,090 progressing to £36,37
Desired Qualifications & Level of Education required for role:
- NVQ L3 Electrician
- GCSE 5 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Math (or willing to work towards this) GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English (or willing to work towards this)
Essentials & Desirable Skills
- Experienced Electrician with demonstrable, wide ranging examples of how curriculum content can be made real – a focus on domestic, commercial and industrial electrical installation, design and commissioning will significantly advantage our students.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. You should be able to contribute to our journey to deliver an Outstanding student experience, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within your core values.
Highly motivated and with a positive and engaging personality, you will be able to build rapport with your students and support them to achieve in their studies and skills development. You should be able to create learning environments where students can be aware of safe working practices, whilst inspiring them to explore new techniques and sustainable methods. You will be able to utilise your exceptional communication skills to network and liaise with colleagues, internal and external to college, to ensure your students are provided with opportunities to broaden their learning experience.
We welcome applicants that are new to teaching, or are currently working within industry and interested in a career change. You will be given professional development opportunities and support to develop your skills in teaching.
If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (in addition to bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (Training days and Personal Development Plans)
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk from Bradford Train Stations
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com
Enquire via SkillsHouse
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Please complete the form below and a member of the SkillsHouse team will contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Advisers. If you have a CV, you can attach it here, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you to write one.