Senior Floating Support Worker
The Bridge Project
Job Description: The Floating Support Service will support people with drug or alcohol problems by helping them to maintain their tenancy, working in the community and visiting people in their own homes. The people we work with will be facing challenges and may be at risk of becoming homeless.
In addition to carrying a reduced caseload, the post holder will work as a senior member of the team supporting the Deputy Director by demonstrating day to day senior floating support leadership and performing a range of delegated tasks.
Annual Salary: £27,838 pa (Pay award due in April 2023)
Working week: 37.5hrs
Number of vacancies: 1
Closing date for applications: 22.3.23
Essential and desirable skills:
- Readiness to complete training as appropriate.
- At least 2 years’ experience of supporting service users with vulnerabilities and/or challenging behaviour, ideally in a housing context.
- Knowledge and understanding of the support needs of the service user group.
- Knowledge of housing management issues (e.g. tenancy conditions, tenants’ rights & responsibilities, neighbour nuisance, housing options, managing ASB).
- An overview of welfare benefits and entitlements.
- Good communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively with people who may present with challenging behaviour and be in crisis.
- Understanding and awareness of confidentiality and boundary issues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise and plan own workload.
- Good standard of IT literacy.
- Good administration skills.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and health and safety issues.
- Willingness to work flexibly in terms of hours, including out of office hours.
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equal opportunities in all aspects of your work.
- Conforms to a standard of dress which reflects a professional service.
- Committed to own professional development.
- Positive ideas and outlook.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Can meet the mobility requirements of the post.
- Full driving licence and access to own transport.
- Relevant housing qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of supervising or mentoring staff.
- Good local knowledge of the area.
Driving Licence Required?: Yes
How to apply: https://thebridgeproject.org.uk/
Enquire via SkillsHouse
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Please complete the form below and a member of the SkillsHouse team will contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Advisers. If you have a CV, you can attach it here, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you to write one.