Job Description: The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. You should be able to contribute to our journey to deliver an Outstanding student experience, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within your core values.
Highly motivated and with a positive and engaging personality, you will be able to build rapport with your students and support them to achieve in their studies and skills development. You should be able to create learning environments where students can be aware of safe working practices, whilst inspiring them to explore new techniques and sustainable methods. You will be able to utilise your exceptional communication skills to network and liaise with colleagues, internal and external to college, to ensure your students are provided with opportunities to broaden their learning experience.
- Experienced in using fixed and transportable Wood Machinery
- Experience of machining timber to set dimensions within given timescales
- Experience of machine maintenance or equivalent related industrial experience.
- Experience of delivering a high-quality technical support or equivalent related industrial experience.
- Excellent and up to date knowledge Health & Safety regulations
- A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of a relevant subject area.
Weekly Wage: £26,296 - £27,087 per annum
Employer Name & Address: Bradford College
Employer Contact & Number: Karen Campbell 07872 052 710
Working week - contracted hours / full time / part time: Mon-Fri 37.5 hours per week
Number of vacancies & closing date for applications: 1 – 25/01/23
Duration – Perm / temp: Permanent
Qualifications and Level of Education needed:
- Wood Machining qualification (or willing to work towards this)
- GCSE 5 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Math (or willing to work towards this)
- GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English (or willing to work towards this)
Driving Licence Required? (Yes/No): n/a
Essential and desirable skills:
- as above
- Reflective practitioner
- Industrial experience in the construction industry with a specialism in Joinery
- A clear commitment to scholarship and/or practice.
- Experience of collaborative practice and project based learning
- Experience of student pastoral care and disciplinary procedures
Additional benefits: https://www.careers.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/benefits?source=bradfordcollege.ac.uk
Enquire via SkillsHouse
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Please complete the form below and a member of the SkillsHouse team will contact you to arrange an appointment with one of our Employment Advisers. If you have a CV, you can attach it here, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you to write one.