Level 3 NVQ in Painting & Decorating - Leeds College Of Building
Learners must be working in a Painting & Decorating role and have prior knowledge and skills to register for this course. Learners must have gained a Level 2 standard or an NVQ Level 2 in Painting & Decorating previously.
Learners must be able to produce work that meets the following criteria in order to do the course and complete the NVQ Level 3 in Painting & Decorating:
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms in the workplace i.e. Using ladders, stepladders, and mobile towers.
- Applying coatings by air and airless spray in the workplace.
- Applying standard and specialist wallpapers to complex surfaces in the workplace i.e. Wall papers could include the use of wide vinyl, drop match, relief patterns, lincrusta, flocks, metallics and murals. Complex surfaces could include working on sloping ceilings, stairwells, columns or pillars, large ceilings, walls with internal and external corners.
- Apply painted finishes to complex surfaces by brush in the workplace. (Surfaces could include linear/trim/narrow runs, broad areas and detailed work).
- Using a variety of paints (these could include water borne and solvent borne paints, primers, intermediate coatings, single and two-pack coatings, varnishes and timber treatments, knotting and proprietary sealers, solvents and thinners).
Please note that without access to named specialist as work mentioned above, the course criteria cannot be achieved. Therefore, the course is best suited for those who want to achieve a Level 3 qualification to facilitate their progression in the construction industry.
The course is mainly evidence based which is gained on site, alongside assessor observations. Training on systems will be given, however, access to the and ability to use IT is essential.
The course is fully funded for eligible individuals who are aged 19-23 years old, UK residents who have lived in the country for the past 3 years, or those who have the right to work and study in the UK. Learners over 24 years of age, can also be funded via the Adult Education Budget.
The course will start week commencing 27th September 2021. Delivery will mostly be in-class and online, however, the in-class teaching would be dependent on COVID-19 control measures. Learners will participate in training on use of systems, uploading and cross-referencing evidence and will have a minimum 3 onsite visits in the workplace.
Provider and location: Leeds College of Building, South Bank Campus, Cudbear Street Crown Point Road, Leeds, LS10 1EF
Date and Duration: W/C 27th September 2021 (Exact date to be confirmed) 10 months Course
Skills/qualifications the course will provide: Level 3 NVQ in Painting and Decorating
Required qualification and educational requirements for attendance: Level 2 NVQ in Painting and Decorating
WIFI required: No
Please fill out the details below to apply.