Inspiring the Future Women in Engineering
Inspiring the future women in engineering awareness day at Neville Hill Train Maintenance Depot Leeds!
Northern Trains are looking to meet their 2024 recruitment needs and to meet the future demand of their digital fleet and the expansion of their engineering activities to Bradford.
This event is open to all women 17+ and who are looking for an engineering and/or digital engineering opportunity in 2024.
Date: 20th November 2023
Time: 10:00 - 15:00
Location: Neville Hill Train Maintenance Depot, Osmondthorpe Lane, Leeds, LS9 9BJ
Event to deliver the following on the day:
• Full day at Neville Hill Train Maintenance Depot Leeds
• Delivery of engineering opportunities in the rail sector
• Educational attainment levels required to access those opportunities.
• Presentation from women in the industry
• Behind the scenes tour of rail engineering action
• Digital trains and the digital opportunities (Apprenticeships and Graduate opportunities)
• Informal presentation from women in the industry from Senior Director Level through to Apprentices
Follow on activities:
• Access to engineering opportunities as they come up.
• Access to 2024 engineering apprenticeship opportunities as they are released. *Recruitment process starts in December 2023 for September 2024 starts.
• Online session with Northern / Network Rail recruitment team on:
- Application process for jobs in the industry
- CV writing hints and tips.
- Interview skill
• Guaranteed interview for those who progress with an application for vacancies in 2024 who meet the educational attainment criteria
• All rail travel to the event will be provided
• Full safety induction to the depot
• Full safety kit will be provided and is mandatory (Hard Hat, Safety Shoes, Safety Glassed, Hearing Protection High and Visibility Tabard)
• Visitor with need to come appropriately dressed for the weather due to being outside. Long trousers mandatory as we will be passing through hot working areas
• Light lunch provided
Northern Trains aim is to evaluate the value of establishing a closer partnership with Schools, Colleges, Universities, and community partners to meet the engineering demand of the increased investment in the rail sector over the next few years.
*Event is limited to 20 women. Must have individuals who have a real desire to pursue a career in engineering and will be available for opportunities in 2024*
If you are interested in participating in this event and have students who meet the entry levels requirements stated above or who are on track to meet the entry levels as stated above.
Please contact Richard Isaac Richard.Isaac@northernrailway.co.uk with the following information:
• Name of organisation:
• Organisation Contact
• Email Address
• Contact Number
• Name of Student
• Achieved entry requirements.
• Working Towards entry requirements
• Shoe Size
Please fill out the details below to enquire.